Kale Berry Protein Smoothie (makes 2)
4 cups kale
2 cups berries
1 cups almond milk
½ cup raw almonds
1 cup ice
2 scoops TMR Meal Replacement – Vanilla
Blend all ingredients until smooth. Makes 2 Servings. For a high protein shake, use 4 scoops instead of 2.
Spaghetti Squash Pizza Pie
1 large spaghetti squash (about 600 grams)
1 pound Italian sausage
½ yellow onion, diced
1 cup pizza sauce (no sugar added)
1 teaspoon dried basil
salt and pepper, to taste
3 eggs, whisked
(optional: add anything you like with pizza: veggies, basil, even cheese if you do primal)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut spaghetti squash in half lengthwise. Place spaghetti squash cut side down on a baking sheet and bake for 20-25 minutes or until the skin of the squash gives when you press on it. Then reduce oven heat to 350 degrees.
- Once squash is done cooking, remove threads and place in an 8×8 greased baking dish.
- Place a large pan over medium heat. Add Italian sausage and onion. Cook until pink no longer remains in the sausage and it is broken up into pieces.
- Add pizza sauce, dried basil and salt and pepper to the pan and mix well.
- Add sausage mixture to the 8×8 dish and mix well with spaghetti squash threads.
- Lastly, add whisked eggs to the baking dish and mix everything together until you can no longer see the eggs.
- Place in oven and bake for 1 hour or until the top of the mixture forms a slight crust that doesn’t give when you press on it in the middle of the dish.
- Let rest for 5 minutes before serving. Store left overs for lunch.
Avocado Stuffed Burgers
1 pound grass-fed ground beef
1 avocado, ripe
1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes, chopped NO OIL
Juice of 1/4 a lemon
Zest of 1 lemon
1/2 tablespoon black pepper
1 teaspoons sea salt (makes it salty depending on your sun-dried tomatoes)
- Preheat your grill to medium-medium high heat. (Or you can cook on your stove using a cast iron skillet.)
- Put your ground beef in a large mixing bowl and add black pepper, 1 teaspoon of sea salt, and the zest of one lemon
- Mix well and then using your hands form into thin patties all the same size; either 4 or 6 (you need them thin because you will be using two of them to make one patty)
- In another mixing bowl combine avocados, sun dried tomatoes, lemon juice, and the remaining teaspoon of sea salt.
- Mash the avocado and mix ingredients well to get as smooth as you like
- Place your avocado mixture on top of the bottom of half of the burgers, ensuring you leave room to seal the burgers without it leaking out
- Put your other patty over the top of your mixture and pinch the edges of your burgers together to seal all the way around
- Now go out and grill to your liking. I normally do about 6-8 Minutes per side on my grill but yours may be different. Ensure you cook evenly on both sides of the burger or you will end up with an undercooked and an overcooked side
- When done grilling, allow your burgers to rest for 10 minutes and then serve. You can use the rest of your avocado mixture to top your burgers with and go to town
- Wrap them in lettuce, add some tomatoes and serve with sweet potato fries!
Prosciutto Egg Cups
12 slices prosciutto (nitrate-free)
Butter for greasing
- Preheat the oven to 400F
- Grease 6 cups of the muffin tin with some butter; or fat of choice
- Lay 2 pieces of prosciutto into each cup to create a bowl for your eggs; making sure there aren’t any visible holes.
- Crack one egg into each of the prosciutto cups and lightly sprinkle with sea salt and cracked pepper.
- Bake for 15 minutes until eggs appear completely cooked.
- To remove, run a knife or spatula around the edge of each cup to loosen from the muffin tin.
- Let sit for a couple of minutes then enjoy over a bed of your favorite greens or some sweet potatoes.
Turkey Tacos (Makes 2 servings)
1 lb. Ground Turkey
1 tbsp. Coconut Oil
4 oz. of Salsa
Cook ground turkey in coconut oil with your taco seasoning. Serve on romaine lettuce wraps with 2 oz. of salsa and ½ avocado per serving.
Chicken & Brussels with Mustard Sauce (Serves 2)
1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breast
½ tbsp. coconut oil
Salt & pepper to taste
8oz. Brussel sprouts
6 oz. mushrooms
1 tbsp. Ghee
¾ cup chicken broth
1tbsp. Dijon mustard
½ tbsp. rosemary
1 cup brown rice
Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Season chicken breast with salt & pepper to taste. Heat ½ tbsp. of coconut oil in an ovenproof skillet over high heat, add chicken breast, and cook for about 3-4 minutes or until browned. Flip chicken over and place pan in preheated oven for about 9 minutes or until done. Remove chicken from pan when done and set aside. Keep chicken pan out. While chicken is cooking, heat ½ tbsp. of ghee in a large skillet over high heat, and add Brussel sprouts and mushrooms. Allow to cook for about 10 minutes or until slightly brown. In the same pan used for the chicken, add chicken broth and bring to a boil, scraping pan to loosen browned bits. Reduce heat to low and simmer for about 5 minutes. Whisk in 1 tbsp. Dijon mustard, ½ tbsp. melted ghee, and rosemary. To serve, top chicken with Brussels sprouts and mushroom mixture and smother with sauce.